CLDC is looking for backup dancers and actors our second dancefilm which will screen in film festivals around the world. INeasyOUTbreezy is a makeup commercial brought to life with bright pink, big personalities, and fun-sassy movement. The film features a facedance, a dance made up of only facial expressions.
Audition Class Information:
When: Sunday August 11 1-3pm
Where: Studio 505 (4075 19th Ave. San Francisco, CA)
This is an audition class: a class taught where dancers and actors from the class will then be invited to participate in the project. The audition class fee is $15. To attend this audition class you must register online: click the button below.
What We’re Looking For:
- 6 Females
- Ages 16-35
- Commercially-pretty look. Think of a makeup advertisement.
- Dancers and Actors: dancers who can act and actors who can dance
- Strong and precise technique
- A bold performance presence and the ability to use facial expressions while dancing
- The ability to dance jazz, vogue, and/or musical theater dance styles
- Dancers and Actors who are available for all of the rehearsal and filming dates in full
- Ideally some experience working with the camera either through film or modeling
- Bright, eager, and cooperative attitudes. Easy to work with, flexible, hard working, self-motivated, and responsible. We want divas for the camera not in real life…
Audition Class Information:
Arrive early. Upon arrival you will have your headshot taken and will fill out an audition form, liability waiver, and photo/video release. A dance warmup will be given after brief description of the project and then the audition will progress into learning choreography from the film. Auditionees will then perform the material in small groups or pairs. Dancers and actors will be asked to improvise posing/modeling sequences as various characters in the film individually for the camera so we can get a sense of your comfort with the camera, with improvisation, and your acting and character development abilities. Photographs will be taken of the audition class and will be used by CLDC for marketing purposes. Those who do not sign the photo release and liability waivers will not be allowed to participate in the audition class. Come dressed to dance. No shoes, headshots, or resumes needed. You do not need to prepare anything to dance or act at the audition, just come ready to learn the material we have to teach. Know your scheduling conflicts and make sure you are able to attend all of the listed rehearsal and shoot dates. You must register for the audition class and the fee is $15. Walk-in auditions (attending without registration) is allowed but not preferred. Click the button below to sign up.
About The Project:
Rehearsals will be at Suzie’s Studio (San Rafael CA) taking place Sunday afternoon-evening from August-early September. The film shoot date and location is most likely on a Sunday or Saturday in mid/late September. All dates are still TBD but will be finalized very soon and posted here in the next couple of days. Dancers are paid a $50 performance stipend to help cover any expenses.
Can’t come to the audition class but still want to be considered?